Past research projects include:
- Monitoring barnacle geese on Bear Island in the High Arctic (WWT;
- Monitoring red breasted geese in Bulgaria (WWT;
- Habitat preferences of vespertilionid bats;
- Radio tracking nightjar in Dumfries and Galloway (RSPB, SNH and FCS);
- Assisting the University of Michigan monitoring bats in the shade of coffee plantations of Chiapas, Mexico.
- South West Scotland Liesler's Bat Radio Tracking Project (Phases One, Two and Three);
- Assisting the Reticulated Giraffe Project, Kenya.
- Nietoperek (2011 and 2012) hibernating bat census, Poland; and
- Assisting with driven transects and mist netting in Botswana as part of research in to The Distribution and Ecology of Cave Dwelling Bats in Southern Africa co-ordinated by Rachael Cooper-Bohannon (Stirling University);
Research for 2013 icludes: